Chai Chocolate Mint-ini
Ok, we know this is probably not James Bond's idea of a Martini - but sometimes you gotta mix things up! In our case, we are mixing up a whole lot of decadent flavours for your perfect liquid dessert.
We recommend using our Peppermint Blend for this - but you can also use any of our other blends and add fresh mint instead (or as well, if you like it extra minty!)
Serves 1 cocktail
- 1 tsp chocolate syrup
- 15 mls / 1/2 oz vodka (we like to use vanilla vodka)
- 45 mls / 1 1/2 oz creme de cacao
- 45 mls / 1 1/2 oz chocolate liquor
- 120 mls / 4 oz milk
- 2 tbsp Prana Chai (we like the Peppermint Blend)
- A couple of fresh mint leaves (optional)
- First, you need to make your Prana Chai infusion. This is best done in advance. You can either infuse your chai into the milk using a Cold or Hot brew method - just make sure that the beverage is strained and cooled before you need to mix up your drinks! Otherwise, you can simply infuse your vodka with the chai. The alcohol will extract all the spice-y flavour. Mix up in a clean jar and leave to sit for minimum 24 hours. Note: If you extract your chai in the vodka, reduce the milk in the cocktail to 75 mls / 2 1/2 oz. The tea leaves soak up some of the milk when brewing so the volume has been adjusted to counteract this.
- Using an icing bag (or if your chocolate syrup is in a squeeze bottle, straight from the bottle) swirl syrup around the inside of the glass for decoration.
- With a cooled chai infusion, add the rest of the ingredients plus a few cubes of ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake until combined and foamy, and then strain into a martini glass!
- Top with dusted cinnamon, mint leaves, raspberries - or anything you'd like.