Chai Spiced Flourless Chocolate Cake
Enjoy this rich and decadent Chai spiced chocolate Cake made with cocoa, real chai for both flavour and health benefits. This cake is so moist and it’s topped with dark chocolate frosting that will make this easy cake recipe a family favourite for years to come! You’ll love this simple-to-make cake!
- 2 tbsp of Prana Chai, Masala Blend
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup of dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup of butter, diced
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cup of almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- cocoa for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C (338 °F). Line a 20cm / 8inches (springform round cake tin with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and the milk. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, place the chocolate, butter and sugar, and stir through the strained chai milk until melted and combined.
- Separate the eggs into yolks and whites, and whisk the egg yolks until pale and fluffy. Clean the beaters and then whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until you have soft peaks.
- Fold the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture, then add the almond meal and cardamom until combined.
- Gently fold the egg whites with the chocolate almond mixture, then pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake the cake for 40–50 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes (or more), then remove sides from the tin and allow to cool before serving.