Vegan Sticky Chocolate Chai Babka Buns
Author: Kitch from @soybabie_ Follow her journey she shares awesome vegan recipes like this on her Instagram.
They have a delicious, crunchy outside similar to a croissant, and the inside is light and fluffy with a sweet and sticky filling.
- 30~40g of Vegan blend Prana Chai + 50ml Water
- 2 TBSP Yeast
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup of Soy milk
- 1/4 cup of Rice bran oil
- 3 TBSP Vegan Butter
- 1 cup of Spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of Organic unbleached white flour
- 5 TBSP Coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP @loving_earth Vegan hot creamy hot chocolate mix
- Brew some Prana Chai (about 2 tablespoons) and 50ml of water as you want it quite strong.
- Get your yeast activating - so 2 teaspoons of yeast in warm water with 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar for it to feed on.
- Set that aside for around 10 minutes until it has bubbled and foam on-top Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- Once the yeast is ready, it's time to add almond milk, soy milk and 1/4 cup of rice bran oil.
- On the stove top, melt some nuttelex around 3 tablespoons. Leave that to cool then add to your yeast mixture.
- Add the flour and Incorporate all ingredients until you have a nice dough.
- Leave it to rise for about 30 minutes. Then knead it on the table. Add some more oil or nuttelex is the dough is dry.
- Leave it to rise again in a bowl for around 20 minutes.
- Take your chai mixture and add 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar or raw sugar. Then add 2 tablespoons of @loving_earth vegan hot creamy hot chocolate mix and stir until you have a paste. Add oil of your choice until it incorporates to a spreadable texture.
- Once the dough is ready and has risen, roll it out flat on a floured surface. Spread the chocolate chai mixture across to the edges and roll up into a log.
- Chop up into equal sized pieces and place in a greased baking tray.
- Leave to rise AGAIN (lots of rising and waiting) and then spread some soy milk on top of the dough and bake in the oven!!.