Chai No Bake Cheesecake
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
For the base
- 1 cup of almonds (or other nuts like walnuts, pecan etc)
- 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut
- 1 cup of pitted dates finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
For the filling
- 2 cups of cashews (or macadamia) soaked for at least four hours or overnight
- 4 tablespoons of Prana Chai + 50ml hot water
- ½ cup of canned full fat coconut milk or your choice of nut milk
- ¼ cup of coconut oil melted
- One lemon or lime (freshly squeezed)
- ⅓ cup of pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt or pink salt
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a small saucepan,place the Prana Chai and 50ml water. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining.
- Line an 8” cake tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add all the base ingredients into a food processor and pulverise until it comes together into a sticky dough. Press the dough evenly along the bottom of the prepared pan. (add more oil if it is too dry)
- In a high-powered blender place all of the ingredients for the filling and blend for about 3 or 4 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You can add a bit more coconut milk or lemon juice to get it to blend smoothly.
- Once it’s smooth, taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness/spice levels, if needed.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan over the base. Smooth out the top and tap the tin hard against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours or until completely firm before cutting.
- Serve frozen or let it thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving.
For the topping, I used about a tablespoon of cinnamon dusting and decorated with cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves.
You can store it in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.