Cinnamon Chai Crunch Knots
A play on Half Baked Harvest’s easy cinnamon knots, we have chai-ed up the recipe to make it, if possible, even better!
If you like cinnamon rolls, chai, or literally anything in between, give this recipe a whirl.
- 2 to 3 cups of white all purpose flour
- 2 & 1/4 teaspoons of instant yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of Prana Chai
- 7 Tablespoons of salted butter (room temp)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
Cinnamon Chai Glaze
- 1 cup of powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Prana Chai
How to make:
1. In a stand mixer, combine the cups of flour, instant yeast, salt, Prana Chai and 1 tablespoon butter.
2. Mix on medium speed for a few minutes until the ingredients come together in a smooth dough and pulls away from the sides of the of the bowl. You can add in additional flour at this point if needed
3. Cover the bowl to let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 190c and line a baking tray.
5. In another bowl, add the granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
6. Roll your dough out onto a floured surface, into a rough rectangle shape about 1/4 inch/6 mm thick.
7. Spread 4 tablespoons of butter onto of the dough and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar.
8. Fold the dough in half and cut into roughly 12 strips.
9. Twist each strip and tie into a loose knot on the baking tray.
10. Melt the remaining two tablespoons of butter with the remaining cinnamon sugar and spoon this over the knot.
11. Bake these in the oven for 16-20 minutes, if needed taking them out half way to spoon the cinnamon sugar back on!
To make the glaze:
1. In a medium bowl, beat together powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of Prana Chai until it is smooth and combined.
2. Now simply pour over the baked knots and enjoy.