Chai Spiced Tofu Brownies
This special and rule-breaking recipe not only tastes AMAZING but is also friendly on the body! No eggs, butter, and milk and they are Chai spiced!
One rule: just don’t forget the chocolate!
- 1.5 cup organic tofu (soft)
- 3 tbsp Prana Chai Original Blend
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate button (cacao 60% or above)
- 6 heaped tbsp potato starch
- 3 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder (no sugar)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
*optional: pecan, blueberries, yoghurt, cinnamon powder
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C (356°F)
- Melt the dark chocolate (bring about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens)
- In a little pot, brew Prana Chai in 1/2 cup of hot water for about 2 to 3 minutes and strain
- In a blender, place the tofu (drained), maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, melted dark chocolate and the brewed tea and blend until creamy
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir until combined
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- When the muffins are cool enough, add optional toppings and enjoy!
- They are super delicious with a cup of chai
- It tastes even better the next day
- If you use silicone muffin tray, no need the paper liners
- To store, place them in a plastic bag, seal, and store in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. To freeze, wrap them tightly in aluminium foil or place them in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.