Kelseymilman's Chai Poached Pear Muffin #PranaMyWay
@kelseymilman shares Chai poached pear muffins to warm up these cold Melbourne days!
- 2 Bosc pears
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 heap tbsp of Prana Chai
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 1/3cups all purpose flour,
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder,
- 1/2 tsp baking soda,
- 3/4 cup of sugar,
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon,
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger and a pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
For the chai poached pear
1. Peel, cut into halves and remove the core of 2 Bosc pears
2. Bring 2 cups of water, 2 heap tbsp of Prana Chai and 2 tbsp of brown sugar into a boil in a small saucepan. Gently put the pear halves into the saucepan.
3. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and poach the pears for about 30 minutes.
4. Remove the pears and scrape off the tea leaves.
5. Turn up the heat to reduce the poaching liquid until it becomes syrupy. Strain the syrup over the pears and add 1 tsp of vanilla.
6. Let them cool and the store in the fridge until ready to make the muffins.
*Make extra poached pears to serve with yoghurt
For the muffins:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Line the muffin tin and spray with oil.
2. Whisk 2 1/3cups all purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
3. Dice the poached pears into small cubes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix 3/4 cup Greek yoghurt, 1/4 cup syrup from poached pear, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Gently fold in the flour mix and diced pears. Don’t over mix!
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for 8 minutes then turn the oven down to 180C and bake for another 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Take out the muffins from the tin and let them cool on a rack. Then dig in! 😉