Kaya Kraze's Apple Chai Latte Muffins #pranamyway
Apple Chai latte Muffins
- 2 peeled green apples and 1 red (diced)
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup almond milk (I used no added sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp white vinegar (for extra moisture!)
- 1/3 cup of water and 3 teaspoons of chai leaves
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a bowl, whisk to combine.
- Add milk, then egg and vinegar. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Then whisk the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Stir in the apples.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin filling to the top.
- Place the tins in the oven and bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a rack to cool. Once completely cooled lather on the whipped cream and top it with a sprinkle of cinnamon.