Holly Raye’s Prana Chai Vanilla Layer Cake
A long-time Friend of Prana, Holly Rayes Cafe from Perth, WA created this delicious Prana Chai Vanilla Layer Cake. Perfect for an occasion or when you're just in the mood to bake.
For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 1/4 cups cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50g Prana Chai Original Blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup milk
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125g cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line three 6-inch cake pans* with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Measure out milk into a saucepan. Add in Prana Chai and brew on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool and then strain.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating between additions. Continue to beat until batter becomes pale. Mix in the vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Alternate folding in the flour mixture and the chai milk, mixing only until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and whip to combine, about 1 minute more.
- Place the first cake on a plate or cake stand, then top with a large dollop of frosting. Layer the second and third layers, frosting in between each. Finish with frosting the outside of the cake with the remaining frosting
- Eat and enjoy!