Chai Pumpkin Bread
In the spirit of Halloween, we're sharing this delicious Chai Pumpkin Bread recipe!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup strongly brewed Prana Chai Original Blend
- ½ cup softened butter or coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 425g pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 420g light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
How to Make:
- Start by creaming the eggs, sugars, and butter or coconut oil. Add the vanilla, pumpkin puree, brewed Prana Chai, garam masala, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix in flours until batter is heavy.
- Line loaf pan with baking paper and pour batter. Bake for 45-55 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. In a medium bowl, add cream cheese and half of the icing sugar. Using a spatula, combine the two ingredients together before adding more sugar to it, blend it again with the cheese and then add the remainder of it. Add pure vanilla extract and continue mixing the ingredients until nice and smooth.
- Once loaf has cooled, cover the top with prepared icing mixture.