Chai Cheesecake Brownies
The ultimate chai-lover's desert, these Chai Cheesecake Brownies by Carol-Lea Morgan are a must-try!
2 tbsp Prana Chai Original Blend
1/2 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup water
200g dark chocolate
1 1/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup plain flour
1/3 cup cocoa
500g cream cheese
300ml thickened cream
3 tsp gelatine
2 tbsp water
1. Place the chai, sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for ten minutes or until it reduces and thickens. Strain into a bowl and set aside the syrup aside.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave. Stir in the sugar until smooth. Cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time
3. Sift in the flour and cocoa and stir until smooth.
4. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 12 hole baking tin with removable bottoms.
5. Scoop the brownie mix into the tin. Bake for 15 minutes, until firm. Cool.
6. Beat cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Add in 150ml of cream. Whisk until thick, creamy and smooth. Add in 4 tbsp of chai syrup. Whisk until smooth. Add in more syrup according to personal taste.
7. Sprinkle gelatine over the water in a small bowl. Allow to bloom for a few minutes. Microwave for 15 seconds until melted. Cool slightly. While the mixer is running, pour in the gelatine. Whisk until smooth.
8. Spoon cheesecake mixture into the tins, on top of the brownie. Refrigerate for several hours until set.
9. Whisk remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Place in a piping bag.
10. Remove cheesecakes from the tin. Pipe cream on top. Place a star anise on top of each cheesecake and drizzle with extra syrup.