Created by Cooking with Tenina, this divine Apple Chai Crumble Thermomix recipe is a must-try! The sweetness of chai poached apples and the nubbly and crunchy topping... Need we say more?
Poached Chai Apples:
- 8 apples - peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 100g of Prana Chai (blend of your choice)
- 2 lemons - zest & juice
- 1 litre of water
- 150g bakers or strong flour
- 100g raw caster sugar
- 100g butter - cold and cubed
- 1Tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches Ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground ginger
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- To poach the apples, place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and cook 12 min/100°C/Reverse/speed soft. Check that apples are cooked through.
- Strain, reserving 100g of liquid. Rinse the apples to wash off any chai debris. Place apples and reserved liquid into baking dish. (Drink the remaining liquid, strained, as you would any other chai!)
- To make the crumble, place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and combine 3 sec/speed 9 until mixture just comes together.
- Cover the apples with the crumble mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes.