Doing More with Chai
Chai . . . It’s not just for sipping. There are countless ways to integrate healthy, tasty chai into your everyday life. Here is one for you:
Vegan Sticky Chocolate Chai Babka Buns
Author: Kitch from @soybabie_ Follow her journey she shares awesome vegan recipes like this on her Instagram.
They have a delicious, crunchy outside similar to a croissant, and the inside is light and fluffy with a sweet and sticky filling.
- 30~40g of Vegan blend Prana Chai + 50ml Water
- 2 TBSP Yeast
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 cup of Soy milk
- 1/4 cup of Rice bran oil
- 3 TBSP Vegan Butter
- 1 cup of Spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of Organic unbleached white flour
- 5 TBSP Coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP @loving_earth Vegan hot creamy hot chocolate mix
- Brew some Prana Chai (about 2 tablespoons) and 50ml of water as you want it quite strong.
- Get your yeast activating - so 2 teaspoons of yeast in warm water with 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar for it to feed on.
- Set that aside for around 10 minutes until it has bubbled and foam on-top Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- Once the yeast is ready, it's time to add almond milk, soy milk and 1/4 cup of rice bran oil.
- On the stove top, melt some nuttelex around 3 tablespoons. Leave that to cool then add to your yeast mixture.
- Add the flour and Incorporate all ingredients until you have a nice dough.
- Leave it to rise for about 30 minutes. Then knead it on the table. Add some more oil or nuttelex is the dough is dry.
- Leave it to rise again in a bowl for around 20 minutes.
- Take your chai mixture and add 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar or raw sugar. Then add 2 tablespoons of @loving_earth vegan hot creamy hot chocolate mix and stir until you have a paste. Add oil of your choice until it incorporates to a spreadable texture.
- Once the dough is ready and has risen, roll it out flat on a floured surface. Spread the chocolate chai mixture across to the edges and roll up into a log.
- Chop up into equal sized pieces and place in a greased baking tray.
- Leave to rise AGAIN (lots of rising and waiting) and then spread some soy milk on top of the dough and bake in the oven!!.
Read the rest of the newsletter here