Chai Caramel Slices (No Bake, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
If you're a fan of Prana Chai, you will savour this recipe that was created by certified health coach & yoga teacher and the girl behind our social media Jayde @jaydehwang - she knows a thing or two about creating mouth-watering sweets – like this (which happens to be dairy free and gluten free, too).
For the base
- 1 cup Sunflower seeds or Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
For the filling
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 4 tbs Prana Chai (steep in 100ml of hot water for 2 minutes and strain)
- 1/2 cup black tahini (you can also use normal tahini)
- ½ cup Cashew (Soaked in water at least 4 hours or overnight then strain the water out)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate topping
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Sea Salt for sprinkling
How to make it:
- Line a 25cm X 25cm baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- To make the base, place all the base ingredients into a food processor and process for approximately 2 minutes or until the mixture is fine and crumbly.
- Press the mixture (use the back of a spoon or fingers) firmly into the prepared tin and place into the freezer.
- To make the salted chai caramel filling, place all the ingredients for the filling into the high power blender and process for 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the salted caramel filling over the base, hit the bench few times to air out from the filling and place back into the freezer to set.
- To make the chocolate topping, place all the ingredients for the topping into a bowl and double boiling to melt coconut oil and mix all together creamy & smooth.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the slice and place back into the freezer to set.
- Once firm (At least 2 hours or overnight), cut into slices and serve.
Keep any remaining slices in an airtight container in the freezer (because the caramel will become too soft if left out in room temperature too long).
Enjoy with a cup of #OnlyTheGoodStuff