Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 large or 12 small muffins
- 2 tablespoons of Prana Chai, Masala Blend
- 150ml of Almond milk or Oat Milk
- 1 1/2cup of Almond flour
- ½ cup of Rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 100ml of coconut oil
- 200g of diced poached or tinned apple pure
- 15g / 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- thinly sliced apple
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and the milk. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining. Set aside to allow to cool (about 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour and rice flour and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil and strained milk.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour, mix gently, then fold through the apples.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them to ¾.
- Decorate muffins with sliced apple.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle on top of muffins while still warm.