Doing More with Chai
Chai . . . It’s not just for sipping. There are countless ways to integrate healthy, tasty chai into your everyday life. Here is one for you:
Baked Prana Chai doughnuts covered with chocolate
Author: Jayde Hwang
- 30g Prana Chai + 100ml Hot Water drained
- 3 cups flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or any other milk you prefer)
- 5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp nutmeg powder
100g Dark chocolate buttons
- Line a 6 hole doughnut tin and lightly spray with cooking spray or you can use silicon moulds. Set aside.
- Set your oven to 180C
- Make the Chai syrup (Chai 30g + 100ml water in a small pot and boil for 2 mins and strain) Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and coconut sugar.
- Add vanilla, chai syrup and eggs and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt.
- Using a spatula, fold dry ingredients into the wet mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin up to 80% full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool completely and gently pull up to lift the doughnuts out
- Cover the doughnuts with melted chocolate button (double boiling method)
Read the rest of the newsletter here...