Welcome Chai Lovers,
Spring has finally sprung in Melbourne. The start of the Spring season is an exciting time. Flowers start to bloom, animals come out of hibernation, and people do the yearly "Deep Spring Cleaning”. Spring is an incredible time for goal setting, and looking toward to the future as well.
Were you waiting for the Prana Chai Cold Brew Kit? It is back in stock now. All the essentials for your cold brew in one place- you get 1 x 250gr Prana Chai Masala Blend + 1 x #onlythegoodstuff glass flask with filter basket and bamboo lid + the new Prana Chai recipe booklet.
We had a cup of chai with Ange Roan, she is the creator of Paper Plains food truck and she is a big fan of Prana Chai. We discovered her morning routine, words that she lives by, her goals and why she loves Prana Chai.
We also have lots of exciting news at Prana Chai, including meeting the team in Europe and a delicious Prana Chai pumpkin & tofu brûlée recipe.
So get cosy with your cup of chai and enjoy this month’s edition of Prana Chai insider news.
Mario, Koray, Vincent and whole Prana Chai family.
ATTENTION: Cold Brew Starter Kit is back!!
We know some of you have been waiting for this! We first introduced the Prana Chai cold brew method at the London Coffee Expo and we couldn't believe how positive the response was. So we decided to introduce the Prana Chai cold brew kit to you here in Australia. We quickly sold out so many you have been waiting for it to be back. This kit also includes the new recipe booklet. So all in all you will get 1 x 250gr Prana Chai Masala Blend + 1 x #onlythegoodstuff glass flask with filter basket and bamboo lid + the new Prana Chai recipe booklet. We couldn't wait till summer so here you go :-)
Be quick - this might sell out again and we don't want you to miss out! Buy Here
A Cup of Chai with Ange from Paper Plains Food Truck
Meet Ange, the founder of Melbourne based Paper Plains food truck along with many other things she does, she is only 20 and she is changing the world. Paper Plains is a mobile business and Ange and her team are always on the move. Although they love their food, rolls and family, they're passionate about supporting the youth of today because our future lies in THEIR hands. They see them as more than just naive kids with unrealistic imaginations, they see them as budding entrepreneurs with innovations that could change the world that we live in. The following is a little interview with Ange:
- Words I live by: Spontaneity is the spice of life. Also life is too short to leave important words unsaid and inspiring things undone.
- What does my typical morning routine looks like: Wake up without an alarm, move my bowels, get on the bike and ride to work :)
- Reasons I love Prana chai: the authentic taste of chai and the balance of flavours. i'm a chai snob and always look for brewed chai with tea leaves.
- A goal that lights me up: Riding on my own from Adelaide to melbourne (805km) in 5 days this coming january to raise money for stand up events Melbourne to help implement programs that reduce homophobic behaviour in youth sport!
- What inspires you? Watching other people succeed and chase their dreams without fear of failure but rather full of passion and confidence. It makes it even more special when they create/make something that is beyond themselves and has a purpose to better the world that we live in, may it be big or small.
- What do you worry about and why? If there's still pumpkin at home for me to use for dinner or if someone has eaten it during the day
- What's your favourite breakfast menu and why? At the moment porridge with golden grind turmeric blend, frozen blueberries and homemade black tahini is the current obsession. The classic though is poached eggs on toast with lots of mushroom and grilled tomato.
- Where can people find you? Riding my bike around Melbourne or following @goodwheel_hunting or @paper_plains_ on instagram
Meet the team: Sandra Saez Pueblas (Insider scoop)
We met Sandra when she was working as head barista at Walk Don't Run cafe in Armadale. She had some impressive experience working in fantastic cafes while she was in Europe and love took her to Australia and now love brought her back to Europe, but this time it was a different kind. Love for The Prana Chai Family.
Now she is based in Berlin and she is leading the EU market and preparing them for the Prana Invasion.
Little more about Sandra:
What are some of your obsessions?
Some of my obsessions include music (what I studied and feel very passionate about), coffee (the field where I have been working for the last 4 years), yoga (that has given me so much and taught me about self loving) and Peanut Butter (ha! can't live without it)
Who inspires me?
My closest friends, who are not afraid of dreaming big and pursuing their goals in life. Their giving hearts always inspire me to keep dreaming too and not being afraid of the future and what it will bring.
My favourite way to use Prana Chai?
Black with a splash of oat milk.
Strange things about me?
I am always singing no matter what the situation is or the people around me.
My wildest dream?
To become a famous musician and take all my best friends on tour with me around the world.
Say hi to her on her Instagram: @Sandra.pranachai
Prana Chai pumpkin & tofu brûlée
Have your tea and eat it too.
It's pretty safe to assume that this dessert will most certainly be your cup of tea. Homemade brulee can be a soothing, and yummy treat. It is perfect dessert when you feel like the traditional and Whipping it up your own at home is super easy and quick, while also changing things up and adding Chai in the mix.
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 60 min | SERVES: 6-8
■ 300g silken tofu
■ 40g Prana Chai
■ 200ml your choice of milk
■ 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- Place Prana Chai and the milk into chai pot, bring to simmer then turn off heat and let cool.
- Cut pumpkin into 5 cm cubes.
- Dry roast pumpkin on 180 degrees Celsius until soft (times may vary).
- Once cool strain Prana Chai mixture into a blender.
- Add all other ingredients into a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ramekin place in fridge and let it set over night.
- Dust with coconut sugar and place under hot grill and caramelise sugar until light brown.
- Pour mixture into ramekins and place in the fridge to set overnight.
- Enjoy & Share with friends and family!
Please forward this to your like minded people to support our family...