Join us as we enjoy a cup of chai with Nikalene Riddle from Skinnymixers. Nikalene took a break from dispatching her latest cookbook to share her passions, tips and motivations for living a healthy lifestyle.
Christmas will be here before we know it. To help you get nice and organised we have a special offer for corporates wanting to send some Prana Chai love. Our Co-Founder, Mario, is our Christmas concierge this year and available to discuss your gift requirements.
We are also going to be at Secrets in the Garden in Catani Gardens in St Kilda on 22nd October. We’d love to meet you. Come and say hi and pick up your Prana Chai Gift boxes for Christmas.
Plus check out our Chai Banana Cake. This would make a lovely addition for afternoon tea with your pot of Prana Chai. Absolutely delicious!
Got ideas for our newsletter? Please share them with us by hitting reply on this newsletter.
Koray, Mario & Vincent
Chai Banana Cake
CHAI BANANA CAKE
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 1 hour +
Makes: 10 slices
- 4 tablespoons of Prana Chai, Masala Blend
- 60ml of milk
- 100g of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 4–5 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160˚C. Grease and flour a loaf tin, and line the base with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and milk. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer on medium setting until pale and fluffy. Add the golden syrup then the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the bananas, chai milk then lower the speed on the mixer to low and fold through the flour.
- Once just combined, pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50–60 minutes. Test with a skewer and remove when cooked.
- Allow to cool, then serve with a chai latte. Also great toasted and served with ricotta.
Christmas Orders are now open
We are taking orders for Christmas gifts now. Organisations who wish to order 25 gift boxes or more can enjoy 20% OFF their order using the promo code ORGANISED. Valid for orders placed and paid for before 10th November 2016. If you have any queries please email Mario Minichilli, our Christmas Gift Giving concierge at email@example.com.
A Cup of Chai with Nikalene Riddle from Skinnymixers
Can you share a little bit about yourself and what motivated you to start Skinnymixers?
My name is Nikalene Riddle, I'm a devoted work-from-home mum of two, recipe developer and cookbook author. Skinnymixers has grown organically over the last couple of years, after I was struggling to lose weight after childbirth, and noticed a distinct lack of healthy Thermomix recipes in the cooking community. I am passionate about creating healthy food without sacrificing on taste, and understand the need for flexibility in a recipe to cater for a wide range of dietary needs. Since starting Skinnymixers I have lost over 39kgs and gained over 107,000 members in our Skinnymixers Facebook Group.
In the last 18 months, we have released 4 cookbooks and sold over 90,000 copies worldwide. I think my most recent cookbook ‘A Little Taste of Mexico’ is some of my best work yet, but was definitely hardest!
What are you most proud of?
I think that would have to be the incredibly supportive community of Skinnymixers, who continuously surprise us with their level of support. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to follow my passion of developing recipes for everyone to enjoy.
You have published four cookbooks now in a very short timeframe. We suspect there's another cookbook idea already gathering momentum. Are you able to tell us a bit about it?
There might be! I have a couple of ideas but right now we are taking a well-deserved break after shipping ‘A Little Taste of Mexico’.
What is your favourite family recipe at the moment?
I think that would have to be my Creamy Mustard Sauce! It’s so delicious and quick to make. http://skinnymixers.com.au/skinnymixers-creamy-mustard-sauce/
What are your top tips for people wanting to lead a healthier lifestyle?
I think it’s important to seek inspiration and motivation, whether it is from books or joining a healthy recipe sharing community…
You do a lot for others, how do you care for yourself?
I’m slowly learning to do this and have started meditation. It’s important to take time out for yourself, but it is definitely something I still need to improve on.
How can people get in touch with you?
- Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SkinnymixersPage/
- Skinnymixers Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Skinnymixers/
- Website: skinnymixers.com.au
- Shop: shop.skinnymixers.com
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/skinnymixer
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/skinnymixer/
We will be at Secrets in the Garden
Prana Chai will be at Secrets in the Garden at Catani Gardens in St Kilda this month and we would love to meet you. Come along and listen to Lola Berry, Ita Buttrose and others, and pick up your Prana Chai Gift boxes for Christmas gift giving.
Get more info here: http://www.secretsinthegarden.com.au/
Try Prana Chai at Three Blue Ducks
Three Blue Ducks is an institution amongst Bronte residents. With an on-site kitchen garden they are able to source great local produce which is honest and innovative. Serving breakfast and lunch seven days a week and dinner four nights a week this is definitely worth a visit and enjoying a pot of Prana Chai.
Find out more here
Share the love?
We would love you to share our newsletter with friends and family members who love chai.