Hello Chai Lovers,
It’s still pretty chilly, winter is not over yet in Melbourne, but the good news is that It is the perfect season for cuddling up and getting warm with a delicious pot of Prana Chai.
The product of the month, without a doubt, is the Peppermint Blend it is carefully crafted from authentic chai spices with a healthy serving of high quality peppermint leaves. Simple natural and deliciously balanced spiced tea made from #onlythegoodstuff.
Peppermint blend draws on a summer tradition in India, where peppermint is blended with chai to add another refreshing flavour dimension and relieve heat stress. Get your “Excitingly refreshing” Peppermint blendhere
We had a cup of chai withAnthea, she is a vegan food blogger who is behindRainbow Nourishments,she created the blog in 2014 as a way to connect with like-minded people. She shares recipes, her experiences of travelling the world and insights into well being issues. She also owns a vegan cake business where she make bespoke vegan cakes for people in Canberra. She also hosts workshops and pop-up foodie events around Australia and internationally.Read the interview with her here.
We also have a chai apple muffin recipe, so get cosy with your cup of chai and enjoy this month’s edition of the Prana Chai newsletter.
Mario, Koray, Vincent and whole Prana Chai family.
Prana Chai Peppermint Blend
The Peppermint Blend is carefully crafted from authentic chai spices with a healthy serving of high quality peppermint leaves. Simple natural and deliciously balanced spiced tea made from #onlythegoodstuff.
Peppermint blend improves digestion and reduces bloating by helping gas through the body.
A cup of chai with Anthea from Rainbow Nourishments
Q: What makes you feel alive?
A: Chatting to people about all matters of the world!
Q: Words you live by?
A: Never stop wondering.
Q: When was the last time you cried and why?
A: Haha... probably yesterday due to stress! I think there are a lot of stresses on women in their 20s and 30s living in Australia at the moment. Especially with juggling their career, family, relationships and the pressures of achieving a certain amount by a certain age (e.g. buying a property, having a family etc).
Q: The strange thing about you?
A: I am probably more compassionate and a better friend to other people than I am for myself.
Q: How can people find you and your update?
Q: Who’s your IG crush & why?
A: I have soooo many! In the food area, @gatherandfeast, @feastingonfruit, @vanelja. In the lifestyle and travel area, @taramilktea, @hellomissmay, @polarbur. I am inspired by everyone's feeds and feel like I can relate to many in a way!
Prana Chai Recipe - CHAI APPLE MUFFINS
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 large or 12 small muffins
- 2 tablespoons of Prana Chai, Masala Blend
- 150ml of Almond milk or Oat Milk
- 1 1/2cup of Almond flour
- ½ cup of Rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 100ml of coconut oil
- 200g of diced poached or tinned apple pure
- 15g / 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- thinly sliced apple
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and the milk. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining. Set aside to allow to cool (about 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour and rice flour and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil and strained milk.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour, mix gently, then fold through the apples.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them to ¾.
- Decorate muffins with sliced apple.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle on top of muffins while still warm.
Hands up people in EUROPE & UK! 🇪🇺🇬🇧
New flavours of Peppermint Chai & Turmeric Chai have officially launched in Europe & UK and they are a beautiful addition to our current range. If you are or know someone in EU or UK, check out overhere