Welcome Chai Lovers,
It’s still pretty chilly, Winter is not over yet in Melbourne. But the good news is that It is the perfect season for cuddling up and getting warm with a delicious pot of Prana Chai.
Are you looking for a gift inspiration? Look no further! All the essentials in one place. 250g Prana Chai Masala Blend #onlythegoodstuff + enamel coated stove top pot (induction compatible) + fine mesh strainer + Robert Gordon Chai Latte Hug Mug and the Prana Chai Recipe Booklet is still available.
We had a cup of chai with Lee Holmes, she is a creator of Super Charged Food, 7 x Author, Food and Nutritionist, Wholefood Chef, Lifestyle Food Expert, Writer HuffPost, Jamie Oliver Food Rev Team. She is a big Prana Chai fan. We discovered her morning routine, words that she lives by, her goals and why she loves Prana Chai.
We also have lots of exciting news at Prana Chai, including Tokyo Coffee Festival and a delicious chai infused granola recipe.
So get cosy with your cup of chai and enjoy this month’s edition of the Prana Chai insider news.
Mario, Koray, Vincent and whole Prana Chai team
Enamel Pot Starter Gift Box - Gift of warmth & love
All the essentials in one place. Makes a great gift or a very approachable starter pack for Prana fans. 250g Prana Chai Masala Blend + enamel coated stove top pot (induction compatible) + fine mesh strainer + Robert Gordon Chai Latte Hug Mug and the Prana Chai Recipe Booklet. The real combined value is almost $55 and we hate discounts but hey we - the Prana Family- want you on board, and what the heck ;-)
A Cup Of Chai With Lee Holmes from Super Charged Food
Lee Holmes is a creator of Super Charged Food, 7 x Author, Food and Nutritionist, Wholefood Chef, Lifestyle Food Expert, Writer HuffPost, Jamie Oliver Food Rev Team. She is a big Prana Chai fan.
What are the words you live by?
- Live simply, be kind and be real.
What's your typical morning routine looks like?
- I keep my morning routine super simple! The first thing I do when I wake up is have a tablespoon of my Heal Your Gut powder with a glass of water. Gut health is the gateway to good health, beauty and happiness. I love to start my day with a walk, just me – no phone, no friends and no work! I take a break from emails, from my family and from my chaotic schedule and just enjoy some time to myself. I love walking to the beach and totally disconnecting from the craziness of traffic and my usual surroundings. There’s nothing that motivates me to make it to the top of my hill more than a cup of delicious homemade chai tea!
Why do you love Prana Chai?
- I’m not sure if it is because of my Indian heritage, but I’m a little bit obsessed with chai tea. Nobody makes a chai like Prana chai! It’s natural, full of whole spices and hand-made; what more could you want? Every sip connects me to my roots. Plus, it tastes damn delicious.
A goal that lights you up?
- To inspire people to be the healthiest and happiest that they can be.
What inspires you?
- I started my wellness journey because I wanted to inspire others but the funny thing is, they’re the ones who inspire me. I receive emails daily about how my books have changed and transformed people’s lives. This is why I do what I do and, it continuously motivates me to helping others and sharing my story and knowledge.
What makes you worry and why?
- Running out of chai tea because it’s my morning ritual!
WHERE CAN PEOPLE FIND YOU?
Prana Chai granola parfait with yogurt & strawberries
Homemade granola can be a healthy, comforting, and delicious treat. Most of the store-bought stuff is high in sugar, contains unhealthy fats, and is packed full of fillers. Whipping up your own at home is super easy and quick, while also changing things up and adding Chai in the flavor.
100g pumpkin seeds
100g sunflower seeds
50g coconut flakes
50g Prana Chai
1 punnet strawberries
1. Crush all nuts into small pieces by hand or in a blender. Don’t overdo it!
2. Place Prana Chai and water into chai pot, bring to simmer then turn off heat
and let cool.
3. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
4. Spread ingredients onto baking tray and roast at 160 degrees Celsius until brown and crunchy.
5. Place two tablespoons of yoghurt into bottom of glass, add granola, layer strawberries and repeat until glass is full.
Tokyo Coffee Festival
Summer is definitely full swing in Japan, with sunny days and rising temperatures calling for flip-flops, shorts, and sunnies. The weekend is also time for the Tokyo Coffee Festival, a space at the Aoyama Farmers’ Market at the United Nations University showcasing coffee from across Japan.
The festival was a collection of coffee, people and food—a blend of new experiences, quality coffee from all across the world and of course sharing our Chai.
We brewed up many cups of #onlythegoodstuff to visitors from all over the world, and showed off our popular cold brew kit. It was an excellent opportunity to introduce Prana Chai to the growing Japan market and get inspired by what is going on out there in the world of coffee & tea.
We are so proud to represent Melbourne as it is amazing to see this trend of different cultures emerging together with our product.