CHAI APPLE MUFFINS
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 large or 12 small muffins
- 2 tablespoons of Prana Chai, Masala Blend
- 200ml of milk
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100ml of olive oil
- 200g of diced poached or tinned apples
- 15g / 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and the milk. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining. Set aside to allow to cool (about 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and strained milk.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour, mix gently, then fold through the apples.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them to ¾
- Place in the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle on top of muffins while still warm.
Read the whole newsletter here...