Meet the Team - Jayde Hwang
In Meeting Jayde, as like all the best people that come into one’s life, was an act of fate. Through a chance conversation with a mutual friend, the Prana Chai family found its spiritual matriarch.
An absolute health nut with a terrible yoga habit she is a shining light of positive influence for the rest of us at Prana Chai. Jayde began as our in house social media manager and quickly became the voice to our customers helping us to share the ride with you guys. Her intelligence in her field is impressive and her genuine approach is really perfect for us because we like to "keep it real people!."
Around Head Quarters she was the life of the place, always positive, always looking after the rest of us with the healthiest fresh juices and foods she could muster but before too long we realised that her talents were not quite utilised in her role so we offered her a position as the regional manager of our new South Korea operation in addition to being our social media manager.
Like a fish to water she has been fantastic at finding a special place in such an exciting new market.
The Australian crew miss her every day but she is never far from our hearts..
We caught up with her in an interview below....
Q: How would you describe working for Prana Chai and what you like the most & the least like about?
I am super grateful for the amazing opportunity and the people that I am working with. Boys in Melbourne welcomed me with open arms since day one and they are truly authentic & adorable. I love their down to earth, no bullshit approach for everything they do.
Other things that I LOVE would be the fact that their integrity as a brand; we only work with other businesses that are aligned with the values of the company even if that makes less revenue in short-term. Seeing that makes me believe that they also truly value me as a person and as a friend.
The least thing I like at the moment would be the fact that I am not in Melbourne with the team and I miss giving everyone a hug each morning and being part of those inappropriate jokes all day. haha
Q: Whats your favourite way to enjoy Prana Chai?
I love the cold brew chai with Oatly and sprinkle of (oh actually quite a bit) cinnamon
Q: Your special skills or things about you people say?
- I make everyone around me think they are hilarious because I laugh so much. One of my favourite feelings is when I am laughing with my friends and realise half way through how much I enjoy their existence and how blessed I am to have them in my life.
- I am very good at multitasking, I can eat breakfast and think about lunch at the same time 👌
- I think I am pretty fearless in a lot of ways, ie I flew to Melbourne with not knowing anything or anyone 9 and a half years back and settled there and lived like an Aussie. Same thing for me now in South Korea, I am pretty much doing the business for Prana Chai Korea and a lot of times I am like what the hell….. haha but I quite like to be on the edge, edge into the unknown, into the space that I rely on my intuition and depending on being in the moment I guess.
Q: What is your biggest fear & what do you do about it?
My biggest fear would be definitely Gluten & Dairy in my food.. haha All jokes aside, my real fear is to lose my freedom. I was excited to move to Seoul but I was also pretty nervous about moving back to Seoul because the Jayde who I become last 10 years has evolved and changed in Melbourne and in London. I did feel that I could be anybody I wanted since I did not know anyone to begin with. And as challenging as it was I had to make new friends to spend time & share my life with and I felt very empowered. I did feel pretty comfortable towards the end and that’s when I knew it was a time for the next chapter in my life.
I’ve decided to be more curious about my own country and people rather than having the ‘knowing all’ approach and so far it's been great. My connection with my family is stronger than ever and I am connecting with many amazing people over here. What I realise now is that my home is here in my body. Its neither Seoul or Melbourne its anywhere I go as long as I am in my body & soul. oh I am scared of driving cars….. yeah I know haha
Q: What do you miss the most in Melbourne?
I miss the Melbourne coffee, weekly yoga + brunch spot exploration with friends, Sunday farmers market, hanging out and enjoying the sunshine at the beach. The food and the community in Melb. They are like a celebration of life and a happy pulse of energy.
Q: Whats excting right now?
- I am excited for the winter coming up for skiing
- I am super excited about the Prana Chai Korea to settle and grow. It’s been so much fun already and I am learning tremendously
- I am excited about my morning coffee tomorrow.
- Follow her journey on www.instagram.com/JaydeHwang
- Follow Prana Chai Korea on www.instagram.com/pranachaikr
Read the rest of the newsletter here