Chai Banana Cake
CHAI BANANA CAKE
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 1 hour +
Makes: 10 slices
- 4 tablespoons of Prana Chai, Masala Blend
- 60ml of milk
- 100g of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 4–5 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160˚C. Grease and flour a loaf tin, and line the base with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and milk. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer on medium setting until pale and fluffy. Add the golden syrup then the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the bananas, chai milk then lower the speed on the mixer to low and fold through the flour.
- Once just combined, pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50–60 minutes. Test with a skewer and remove when cooked.
- Allow to cool, then serve with a chai latte. Also great toasted and served with ricotta.